The purposes of Life Insurance through your job is for an employer to be able to offer its employee’s life insurance coverage. Some people get it mixed up thinking it will last for their entire life, but it does not. This policy will only last you as long as you work for the organization that you work for and the cost of it will go up over the time you are there. Most Life Insurance policies through your job stay the same from age 18-40, and once you reach the age 40, it goes up every five years. However, when you get to age 65-75, it gets astronomical to the point where you’re forced to drop it. In most cases like for the Federal Government for example after the age of 65 not all the coverage goes away just 75% goes away. This is not a problem if you are working the job or you die while you are working it ends up being a good thing, the issue arises when you think this is all the coverage you have, and it will last for the rest of your life. On average more than 95% of people die in retirement and not during their working years. So, while Life Insurance through your job is cool, it’s always good to get other insurance coverage outside of it.
- Can Kids Be Riders On Your Insurance Through Your Job? November 1, 2021
- Purpose of Life Insurance Through Your Job October 15, 2021
- Life Insurance Through Your Job Pre or Post Tax October 5, 2021
- Who Can I Make As My Beneficiary For My Insurance Through My Job? October 1, 2021
- Life Insurance Through Your Job Can Be Expensive If You Are Healthy September 25, 2021