When you start a new job, Life Insurance through your job is fairly easy to sign up for. You can get it as long as your employer offers it, but you have a particular window to sign up. You can’t wait two months to sign up for Life Insurance through your job; there is usually a 30-day window. The reason for this is Life Insurance through your job does not require medical exams or health screening, so they only give you that window. This is to ensure that people do not wait until they are diagnosed with some illness to sign up. Insurance companies have to prevent this by giving a window to sign up, and once that window is closed, you do not have another option to do the coverage unless you do a medical exam. So basically the only way to opt into Life Insurance through your job is when you begin a job.
- How to Advance in Your Federal Career with Alex Tremble March 18, 2021
- FEGLI Infographic March 3, 2017
- How Does FEGLI Work? March 1, 2017
- How She Blew 200k. February 26, 2017
- Is An Outside Term Policy Better Than My Life Insurance Policy Through My Job? February 24, 2017